Visit ۞ Photogallery ۞ for more intriguing pics

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pahadi collection

This series comprises of snaps taken during my last year`s trip(2009) to Uttrakhand and few other places.
Spotted this old man @ Kushalnagar near Madikeri(Coorg) while shopping in the Tibetan market. He was gazing with amazement at me while I was trying to capture his face on my cam. 
 I came across this 'saadhu' while I was rushing downhill after visiting the holy shrine of Kedarnath. He posed immediately even before I could get my camera into position. But later, I realized his kindly gesture demanded some kind of donation! As he started cursing me when I continued my journey downhill after clicking his picture!

These porters earn their livelihood only during the summer season when the roads are cleared  for the devotees to visit the holy shrine of  'Hemkund Sahib' situated at a height of 14000 ft. This one like many others had stopped to take rest at the summit. His eyes spoke more than I could even think of! Gazing at the white peaks with a worried and weary look while the freezing Himalayan wind blew across his face.


I still don`t know what this man was up to, sitting under a tree near a temple in Joshimath. He somehow caught my attention and I also did n `t  hesitate to capture this moment in my camera.


Smoking along with a group of females there was an unusual kind of expression at her face, something portraying a deep sense of satisfaction. However, I was not concerned much about it at that point of time while I was on my clicking spree!

No comments:

Explode your blog traffic today!!

Search This Blog

Tips for great Pictures!!

Look your subject in the eye

Direct eye contact can be as engaging in a picture as it is in real life. When taking a picture of someone, hold the camera at the person's eye level to unleash the power of those magnetic gazes and mesmerizing smiles. For children, that means stooping to their level. And your subject need not always stare at the camera. All by itself that eye level angle will create a personal and inviting feeling that pulls you into the picture.

Use a plain background

A plain background shows off the subject you are photographing. When you look through the camera viewfinder, force yourself to study the area surrounding your subject. Make sure no poles grow from the head of your favorite niece and that no cars seem to dangle from her ears.

Use flash outdoors

Bright sun can create unattractive deep facial shadows. Eliminate the shadows by using your flash to lighten the face. When taking people pictures on sunny days, turn your flash on. You may have a choice of fill-flash mode or full-flash mode. If the person is within five feet, use the fill-flash mode; beyond five feet, the full-power mode may be required. With a digital camera, use the picture display panel to review the results.
The flash will brighten up people's faces and make them stand out. Also take a picture without the flash, because the soft light of overcast days sometimes gives quite pleasing results by itself.

Auto focus problems

Sometimes the object for focus is too small compared to its background, for example you are trying to focus onto a single thin and tiny leaf, the camera may not be able to auto-focus on it. So place fist or any other object nearby the leaf and allow the camera to auto-focus at that position. Thereafter remove the object and click your shot!! I took snapped those red-ants on the orchids in a similar way.